LIVE Curriculm is made for YOU and YOUR GROUP. If you decide to use it as your Youth Lesson, Sunday School Lesson, Small Group Setting, Adult Leadership, Student Leadership, College Ministry, Adult Sunday School or Adult Small Group setting…it works! The best part about live is that you can customize it to fit YOUR GROUP’S needs! You can make it as simple as you want or as in depth as you want. You can be a first time substitute teacher or a twenty year veteran!
So the Lesson assignments are pretty straightforward and if you have plenty of choices. If you go the High School route, you have 4 years of lessons! And you can pick and choose. You just click on the date you want to add a lesson, then click through the lesson selection screen and it to the appropriate calendar(s). This is great if you have several groups going over the same material. For our group, we have three types of groups that meet. We are currently using Books of the Bible for our Small Groups on Wednesday nights, High School Curriculum for our High School Sunday School Classes, and Jr. High Curriculum for our Middle School Sunday School Class.
The really great thing is that you can go into each lesson and edit it to the needs of your group. You can rearrange the format for the need of each group. And you even add more questions, mixers, video clips, or whatever you need for the learning needs of your group. You can even divide it in half if you don’t have the time. Like I said earlier, it is up to you on how you want to teach it for the needs of your group!
1. LEADER PREPARATION
- LESSON OVERVIEW
- LESSON OBJECTIVES: The What, Why, and How
- PRIMARY SCRIPTURE
- SECONDARY SCRIPTURES
- TEACHING PREP: The short overview below is designed to help you prepare for your lesson. While you may not want to convey this information word-for-word with your teenagers, you’ll definitely want to refer to it as you lead.
- THE BEFORE & AFTER
- Text Message Questions: They
- provide a couple of different text message questions to send out to your students prior to your meeting. Feel free to use one or both of the questions below. As with the rest of the curriculum, edit these questions to fit the needs of your ministry.
Parent Email: They provide you with an email below that you can send to your parents following the lesson. Our hope is to encourage parents to continue the conversation at home. Feel free to edit and customize the email to fit your ministry needs.
- 2. LESSON GUIDE
- GETTING THINGS STARTED [optional]
- Before your meeting, send a text message or email (as listed above) to your students asking them to bring an item that reflects something they love. It may be an iPod that represents their love for music, a picture of their family, or a baseball glove to reflect their love for baseball.
- TEACHING POINTS
- The goal of the Teaching Points is to help students capture the essence of each lesson with more discussion and less lecture-style teaching. The main points we have chosen here are (1) We are created in God’s image, (2) We reflect God’s love more by what we do that by what we say, (3) We reflect God’s love by putting others’ needs first, and (4) Accept the responsibility of reaching the people God has given you today. Remember: All throughout these lessons, it’s up to you to choose (1) how many questions you use, and (2) the wording of the main points—keep ours, or change the wording to make it clearer for your students.
- ****SAY SOMETHING LIKE: I Love this! They give your volunteers help here! They help fill the awkward moments by giving them something to say!
- ADDITIONAL DISCUSSION [optional]
- End your lesson here. Provide your teenagers with a quick summary or take-home challenge based on (1) the content of this lesson, (2) the dialogue that took place during the lesson, (3) your understanding of the issues and struggles your teenagers are facing, and (4) the big picture of your youth ministry and what your leadership team wants accomplished with the teaching and discussion time.
- FOR KEEPS [MEMORY VERSE]
- Encourage and challenge your teenagers to memorize the verse below.
And it doesn’t stop there! You can even add your own lessons! There is a great feature of File Upload. You upload your word document or pdf and add it to your calendar.
And if you have no clue what you are doing, just go to the Help tab and watch the videos to help you walk through everything! If you still can’t get it…just call Matty! He’s a great help! Or you can just call me! I’ve actually helped several people walk through things…but really its not that hard! The sky is the limit with LIVE!
Right now they offer 4 years of High School, 2 Years of JR High, 60 weeks of Adult and Student Leadership, 72 weeks of the Bible, several video series…and that’s just the beginning. They are in the process of working on Children’s Curriculum and College Curriculum! But in the mean time you can still use and customize any of the others for your group. At my current church we have used the Books of the Bible for our College Small groups! So take a test drive today and give Matty a call!