I’ve almost been here at Mt. Hebron UMC for a year. The other day I decided it was time for a check-up. I searched, I tweeted, and used a previous form that I made and collaborated. The end result was this evaluation for my volunteer leadership. Take a look. Let me know what you would add or subtract from it. Also let me know if you end up using it for your group.
Adult Leadership Evaluation 2011
- Do you pray for our students, other adult leaders, our church staff, and spiritual impact in our ministry?
- Do you have a daily devotional life where you pray, read the Word, practice God’s presence and serve?
- What are you currently reading in your devotional life?
- Do you regularly attend an Adult Bible Study, Small Group, or Sunday School Class?
- Do you regularly attend one of Mt. Hebron UMC’s worship services?
- Do you feel like you are being fed spiritually enough to lead our students?
- Where do you need to grow spiritually?
- How can we help you spiritually?
- Do you feel like you are an effective leader to our students?
- What can you do to be a more effective leader to our students?
- Are you maintaining a passionate faith and living a lifestyle that is above reproach?
- Do you make contact with and develop conversations with newcomers at events and greet them by name the next time you see them?
- Who are the students whom you’ve really made a strong connection?
- Who isn’t showing up to in our group that should be? What kind of follow-up have you done for these students?
- Do you look out for students at events that are in need of ministry: encouragement, advice or counseling? Do you follow up with them? Do you let other adults and Eric know of these concerns?
- Ask staff at youth events if there are ways that you can be of practical assistance.
- Do you always talk positive about our student ministry?
- To other adult volunteers?
- If not, what are your areas of concern?
What did we miss?